We have good news! Last week, we put a bid on a new house and officially as of 3/11/2015, it has been accepted! We are moving! FINALLY!
You have no idea what kind of relief that is – we have been in limbo for a very long time. Josh’s first statement to me was that it lifted a huge weight off his shoulders. I feel the same way.
We have been packed since August of 2014 because we thought we would have moved by the end of the year into a different house that we bid on in July. Because it was a short sale, it was taking a long time to go through and we were starting to realize many things we did not like about the property. As cliche as it is, truly, there is a reason for everything.
We learned a big lesson in this.
LIVE FOR TODAY, NOT THE FUTURE. We have always been planning for the future and not living in the present. In my my blog on February 25th, I shared a quote from Lao Tzu and I just have to reflect more on it today: “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” What a great gauge in life. I know we have been anxious for FAR TOO LONG. This weight that Josh described is definitely lifting.
Also while preparing for this new house, I started studying feng shui. I’ve realized that our Ch’i has been off for a long time in several homes. It is time to make a change and reap from a better flow.
The year of 2015 is bringing good fortune to us and we are excited. This is our year of health and prosperity!
1) Our bid was accepted the day after the most important person’s birthday in Josh’s life: his grandmother.
2) Josh’s dad has offered to pay for this year’s fishing trip for us.
3) The mortgage payment of the new house will be $0.29 more than our current rent.
4) Our dog kennel is talking about moving 5 minutes away from our location.
5) We are coming into about 14% more money than expected for the house.
Cheers to the Year of the Sheep.