Many of you are well aware of my WHY because I talk about it all the time in this blog. But I needed to get it in written form to share with others.
I have joined a Network Marketing company. I never saw myself doing this and always thought of the opportunity often as a scam. But this time was different for me. I LOVE the product. So, here I am, selling Younique. I’m excited about it and hopeful that I can build what I am calling my Fempire. My husband was skeptical at first as well, but he’s seen me funding my makeup purchases and several other pampering purchases with the money I’m earning. I have so much to learn, but I now see the full potential of this.
The reason I feel it is important to write it down is because I need team members. I need people to understand WHY I am doing what I am doing and that even though their WHY might be different, this company could be their answer.
So without further delay, this is WHY am I doing this!
- Ultimately, I want to retire early (within 5-10 years) to a little fishing town named Cedar Key in Florida. It’s a quaint little town and my husband is a fisherman at heart and an artist by nature. It’s a perfect cove for us to live in.
- I’m tired of Corporate America (hence, the name of this blog). I’m tired of running this rat race and always have the same goals and nothing change. The title might change, I might get a slightly larger compensation, and I might get some recognition. But it’s a battle every day to get that and it’s tiring. It’s tiring to run on the same treadmill day in and day out and get no where. Even on the days I am making a difference, it still feels pointless.
- I want to smell the roses. I want to wake up at my leisure without an alarm clock; I want to listen to the birds sing in the morning while sipping my coffee and enjoy the morning sun bake on my skin. I want to stay snuggled with my dog in the morning and enjoy casual conversation with my husband. I want to slow life down, so that I am present.
- I don’t want to retire, then die. Seriously. So many people that we know are at retirement age now and officially leave their jobs just in time to get cancer or have a heart attack. I want to enjoy the life that has been given to me before it is taken away from me.
- I want to travel whenever I want without worrying about taking time off from my job. (Obviously with network marketing, I can do that anywhere). I want to visit family when I want. I want to go to other countries or other states even without thinking twice. I don’t want to fight all year for 2-3 weeks of vacation at my favorite destination. I want to be on vacation every day.
The 5th anniversary of my trip to South Korea to visit friends was just a few weeks ago. I love reminiscing that trip because it was amazing. But the other reason that I love remembering it was because I saw a life that I wanted. Expats have it figured out (well, many do). They live a full life and enjoy every minute. Once I tasted it, I wanted it!
And that, my friends is my WHY.
And it WILL BE the way that I get out of the rat race faster.
Keep following me – I’m figuring out this journey and will share along the way. Feel free to check out my website and if you have any type of love for makeup – JOIN me! I would LOVE to have you on my team, especially if we’re heading for the same goals!
I’m getting off this hamster wheel soon! I can feel it!